Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Frogs!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Go down 
+2
Relugar
Kirov
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kirov
Frog Leader
Kirov

Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:24 am

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's the same recipe but with added cocoa.
And damn tasty too.
Back to top Go down
http://twistedmetal.wow3.info
Salim
Tiny Tadpole
Salim

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:18 pm

I can make a cake that when you cut it and look at the side... its checkered Smile Ill see if i can find a picture.
Back to top Go down
Salim
Tiny Tadpole
Salim

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:20 pm

Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Checker
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:44 pm

Oh gods please get me a recipee for that and I WILL make it, and take pictures and whatever you want!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunggar.com
Kirov
Frog Leader
Kirov

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:07 pm

Ah, the voice of despair..
Picture won't load for me. Toad
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Relugar wrote:
Well, our pre made birthday cake bottoms basically is spongecake...

Coincidence: I made tiger cake just a few days ago, before reading about all this.
Tiger cake is spongecake, where you put about ½ to 2/3 of the batter in the pan, and then add cacao to the rest and then put it in, so that it gets kind of a pattern.

I feel like making a cake now...

>>I made a cardmom cake when I traveled to your place? :d maybe thats why you made one?
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:03 am

It was delicious too =3

And my offer still stands, get me the recipee for that chequered cake, and I -will- make it!
Back to top Go down
Salim
Tiny Tadpole
Salim

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 am

The recipe? Just normal sponge cake batter. but make one of the chocolate. So add cocoa.

6oz 6oz 6oz

so thats like 150g of butter flour sugar 3 eggs. IIRC add cocoa to the next batch to make it chocolate.... then comes the checkering.
Back to top Go down
gooball
Adult Frog
gooball

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:30 am

we got from irish holidays to cake . . . .. affraid
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 am

Its the chequering I am worried about. And it looks more compicated than that, looks denser than a regular sponge cake..

And yes, topics in the offtopic section are allowed to derail, sometimes even encouraged. =)
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:04 am

aye, how do you do the checkering?
<< and can we have the entire recipie as well?
Back to top Go down
Salim
Tiny Tadpole
Salim

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:45 am

Get both cakes the choc and plain ones, cut them into perfectly (as close as possible) same archers targets. Then put one ring inside the others. So the outside of the plain one, with the next smallest ring of the choc one then the next smalled ring of the plain one then the center of the choc one. And put the left over ones in the other side. THEN, put the new cakes ontop of each other. you now have 2 archers targets on top of each other, ice as you like... This when you cut into it will be checkered. IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Kirov
Frog Leader
Kirov

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:56 am

I read that you should frost the insides of the rings before putting it all together or it could fall apart when you cut it.
It seems like a lot of fun to make (and eat). Apparently I'm making pizza tonight so I maybe I should get some supplies and try it out while I'm at it. I'm still worried about the square shape though. It will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Salim
Tiny Tadpole
Salim

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Oh yeah. I forgot about that SMALL detail which may destroy the cake =(....

Do it! and upload a photo!
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:13 pm

I found a recipie here; http://www.joyofbaking.com/CheckerboardCake.html
is this how you do it? >>
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 pm

OOOH! Going to favorites list straight away! Screw the special pans though, I'll make do without, else I am not a man!

Cuz I am a man! A poor man, who wont waste money on special pans unless he really needs to!
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:41 pm

I want a special pan
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:46 pm

Everyone wants to be special, everyone wants the special pan...

I will make an awesome chequer cake without one!
I think I will make it tomorrow. Payday means you got to have some kind of payday treat. =D Monocle
Back to top Go down
gooball
Adult Frog
gooball

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:22 am

i need a job =/
im paying for WoW by pruning trees No
i also cut myself doing that pale
And all this cake talk makes my hungery
Back to top Go down
Salim
Tiny Tadpole
Salim

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 am

Yes that is how you do it, but you dont need the special pan, just cut it well and fudge it =)
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:51 pm

You could make 3 cakes, 2 cocao and 1 normal or 1 cocao and 2 normals and then put them on top of each other and try to saw through them but... would they hold together after you switch them around? :d
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:22 am

I have made the cake, will make some kind of update tomorrow, if I have not suffered BTC before then.

Ribbit
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:27 pm

CAKE IS HERE!

Now, it didint looks as awesome as the one in the picture there, but heck, for a first try, its bloody awesome!

And tasty to boot!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Dsc01710

Here I am baking it, the butter wasent as soft as it should have been, so I had to mess whit it for quite a while like that...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Dsc01711

Baking baking a small cakie. =3

Aaaaaand... The end result!
Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Dsc01712

Its full of chocholate! And it -WILL- kill you if you are not careful! Diabetes type 2 is not outside of your reach!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Dsc01713

The pattern aint perfect, but for a first try, its pretty awesome. And it tastes awesome as well. It can kill you by pure chocholateness! Monocle

There are more pics at
http://Khamero.bilddagboken.se/p/dayview.html?directlink=1&t=1238108401&id=348149816
Back to top Go down
gooball
Adult Frog
gooball

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:31 pm

now im REALLY pissed i dont live near you >.>
Back to top Go down
Salim
Tiny Tadpole
Salim

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:06 pm

Oh lord... What have I started? Muahaha. a Checkered cake Fanatic fetish orgy.

Woop. Looks excellent Rel. Very well done. I want cake now * hurries off to find cake*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!   Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next