Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Frogs!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3.1 patch - thoughts?

Go down 
+2
Kirov
Likmask
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Likmask
Medium Tadpole
Likmask

3.1 patch - thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:50 pm

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

Thoughts and comments? Smile

I'm mostly looking forward to dual-spec myself... *yum-yum*

A new (and very rare) special mount can now be caught from Northrend fishing pools. :O

New fishing dailies are now offered from Marcia Chase in Dalaran City! :O

You can now fish in Wintergrasp, and the fishin' is good! lol?

I need to level my fishing..... now!

Other then that, some really nice improvements to tailoring Smile

Personally I hope these changes will be in the release (warlock)...

Decimation: When you Shadowbolt or Incinerate a target that is at or below 35% health, your next Soulfire cast time is reduced by 30/60% and costs no shard. Lasts 10 sec.

Improved Immolate: Now increases the damage done by your Immolate by 10/20/30%, rather than just the direct damage.

And Corb.. Arms is getting buffed!
Back to top Go down
Kirov
Frog Leader
Kirov

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Dual spec of course!

Also..

A new recipe has been added to cooking trainers for making Black Jelly, using several Borean Man 'O War as ingredients. While it looks disgusting, it restores more health and mana than the highest level food.
Haha! Awesome and yay, the jellyfish has no use right now other than pet food.

All Ground Mounts may now swim without dismounting the rider.
About time. No more daring leaps and dk's being jerks. *cough*Avgrund?*cough*

You can no longer fail when Mining, Herbing, and Skinning.
Finally. Like you said, Lik: How can you possibly fail at picking a herb?

On a hunter scale:
Call Stabled Pet: This new ability lets the hunter remotely access the stable. 30-minute cooldown.
Yes...!!!

Something to be pissed about: Viper Sting redesigned: Stings the target, draining 4% of mana over 8 seconds (up to a maximum of 8% of the caster's maximum mana)
Why do they keep nerfing this? It drains 16% right now and I can't even tell a difference in the opponents mana bar. Useless.

Edit: Just spotted this!
Loot from clams now stacks correctly!
Perhaps the most outstanding change in this patch. Clam meat filling up the bag slots has annoyed me to tears. Bravo, Blizzard! *Applause*
Back to top Go down
http://twistedmetal.wow3.info
Likmask
Medium Tadpole
Likmask

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Quote :
Call Stabled Pet: This new ability lets the hunter remotely access the stable. 30-minute cooldown.
Good, but.. how exactly would that work?
They release it at the stable and let it run to you? How would it know where to find you?confused
Back to top Go down
Kirov
Frog Leader
Kirov

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:38 am

Smell..?
Back to top Go down
Salim
Tiny Tadpole
Salim

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:27 pm

You are bound to your pet with various bonds and links and such... It just knows.

You are like 1 being..

=/
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:55 pm

...So now you automatically succeed when skinning, no matter what?

How the heck does one do that, never fail at skinning? o_O
One makes a mistake -sometime-, put your skinning knife into the hide or whatever...
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunggar.com
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Kirov wrote:

Something to be pissed about: Viper Sting redesigned: Stings the target, draining 4% of mana over 8 seconds (up to a maximum of 8% of the caster's maximum mana)
Why do they keep nerfing this? It drains 16% right now and I can't even tell a difference in the opponents mana bar. Useless.

They keep nerfing its since the viper sting is overpowered and abused when used on, for example, priests in pvp thanks to priests small mana pools (when compared to, for example paladins) and mp5 dependent mana regen etc etc
The hunters make priests go oom in no time at all and the priests cant even dispel it, which makes viper sting overpowered and thus in need of nerfing

>>
I like this patch <3
Back to top Go down
gooball
Adult Frog
gooball

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:20 am

\o/
All Ground Mounts may now swim without dismounting the rider. Flying Mounts still may NOT, and will dismount the rider upon entering water.
Armor Penetration Rating: All classes now receive 25% more benefit from Armor Penetration Rating.
New Talent: Molten Skin: Reduces all damage taken by 2/4/6%.

and ofc =,(
Backlash has been moved up to tier-5, up from tier-7. Now requires Intensity (pre-requisite)
Curse of Recklessness has been removed
all in all a good patch methinks .. . . watermounts ftw!!!
Back to top Go down
Salim
Tiny Tadpole
Salim

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 6:55 pm

The mounts go slow though. Not 100% speed in water Nay! AFAIK anyway

and Priests have much bigger mana pools that Palas, palas have tiny mana pools but just cant go oom cause of all their stupid spells. From what i have seen from the moaning on the healing forums anyway
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 4:46 am

Since paladins dont need spirit like priests do, they can stock up on "dps" gear
>>
For example, a paladin in my guild has 300int more then me and with stat increasing buffs and stuff thats not a little. I think he has a +25k mana pool, self buffed
Back to top Go down
Salim
Tiny Tadpole
Salim

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 5:42 pm

I wonder what the Healinf forum people are bitching at then, I was reading something where they had a small mana pool but cause of replenishment, spiritual attunement, Wisdom spells and something else they had small but unlimited mana pools which they use to heal the MT with fast heals. =/
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:24 pm

Well, when it comes to raids I have no problem with mana at all - on the contruary, I havent been forced to pot almost at all during these last few months

Pvp is another matter though
In pvp, you dont have the same clothes you have when you pve. There is a lot less mana regen going on in general, more focus on hp and resilliance then intellect and mp5/spirit and that is why viper sting hurts so much for priests. Priests cant dispel it, they cant run behind pillars to prevent it from being cast etc. They just get mana drained, which is unfair.
Back to top Go down
gooball
Adult Frog
gooball

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:47 pm

most of all i lkove the tier 8 lock gear . . . i remember seeing putress with it and thought "i HAVE to look like that" and now .. . . . i can! Arrow
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:30 pm

Yea
I wish I was a warlock, that helmet is the most disgustlingly gorgeous one in the game :<
Back to top Go down
Salim
Tiny Tadpole
Salim

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Our priest one is shit too Ash, not that ill get it, but you might. Hunter is ok. Druid is ok, i like the moon. bit blah though. The lock is ridiculous. end of. So ridiculous i might delete my account for sheer lust. Loladins looks shamanlike, shaman is ok, bit heady,. Rogue.... Wtf? Warrior meh,DK meh, Mage... ok but a bit... Spacey? erm.... anyone else? As you can see i cba typing properly, Erm... no i think thats all 9 classes. or 10 or w/e
Back to top Go down
Kirov
Frog Leader
Kirov

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:01 pm

Locks look awesome =( Rogues.. *drool* That's too sexy for words.
What's up with the horns on the hunter helm? Looks dumb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 patch - thoughts?   3.1 patch - thoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.1 patch - thoughts?
Page 1 of 1