Share | 

The insane

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashhoof
Adult Frog

PostSubject: The insane   Sun May 10, 2009 1:32 pm

So, this is apparently how you do it;

If you looking for a quick and easy way to do this with some spare time you have, forget about it.
All this factions demand you to farm for hours many diffrant things.

You shold do the Bloodsail Buccaneers before any of the goblin citys. To do that you simply need to kill lots of lots of Booty Bay Bruiser. If you never done any quests for Booty Bay you are lucky, if you have, as most people done already, you just need to grind some more. At some point you will get a quest from 'em that can help you abit and ever gives another feats and a title.

Next we move to the 4 goblin citys (Booty Bay, Everlook, Gadgetzan and Ratchet) Once again - there are no quick ways to do this. Its also worth to note that you need to gain rep with the goblins without destroying your bloodsail rep. One way is to run Dire Maul north, easly soloable by any 80, kill mobs and loot then till you find the Gordok Shackle Key. Talk to the goblin half way into the intance and free him.This one quest gives 350 points with all of the citys, and doesnt lower your bloodsail. Knot also offer another quest you will need to stack on some leather and cloth for that tho, it gives 250 rep for the first time and 75 rep after that (thanks Sorislol), make sure to turn in the quest before freeing him as you can't do that quest after he run off. Other ways is to kill the other clan of pirates around the world, there are some in tanaris and near ratchet.

Although, apparently, though, this key doesnt drop very often, so players have come up with other ways to get the rep back.

"Actually I have to say that the alternative tactic here mentioned for gaining reputation with the Steamwheedle Cartel by killing pirates is better than the commented DM run for the Knot quests.

Lets say you run DM 5 times an hour and every time you get the key to free Knot. Also lets assume you get all the materials needed for the suit and you deliver this quest 5 times and hour. You get 350 rep. with all the cities plus 75 with all the cities per run. That’s 2125 reputation with all goblin cities per hour. We are, of course, assuming you get perfect runs in which the key to free Knot drops quickly. But this will not always be the case. Even if you got lucky and the key dropped two or three times in the same run, you are still limited to 2125 reputation with all the cities per hour. You could get 200 keys in your first run but it wouldn’t really matter, since you can only get into the instance 5 times an hour.

After 3 hours of running DM, I decided to go to Ratchet and wand the pirates over there (also playing with a Holy priest here). An exact hour of non-stop pirate grinding and I got this:

Southsea Cutthroat slain: 206.
Southsea Privateer slain: 145.
Southsea Cannoneer slain: 203.
Southsea Brigand slain: 264.

Total: 818.

That gave me rep with Ratchet: 818 x 5 = 4090.

Baron Longshore slain: 17.

Baron Longshore Rep with Ratchet 17 x 25 = 425.

Total Reputation with Ratchet: 4515 p/h.

Reputation with the other goblin cities: 818 x 2.5 = 2045
Plus Baron Longshore rep with other cities: 17 x 12.5 = 212.5

Total Reputation with other goblin cities: 2257.5 p/h.

Grinding the mobs near Ratchet is actually better than running endlessly DM. The one and only time 5 runs of DM give you more reputation is on the first delivery of the suit. After that is actually more profitable to just grind the pirates in Ratchet, not only for your overall reputation with all the cities, but because your reputation with Ratchet actually increases at double the speed.

Now, lets assume two players decide to grind their reputation from Hated to Hostile the two different ways.

Player A, doing DM runs: 36000/2125 = 16. 94 hours of grind for all goblin cities. Keep in mind that this player has to have (Bolt of Runecloth x 4, Rugged Leather x 8, Rune Thread x 2, Ogre Tannin x 1 ) x 85 runs of DM. That’s 340 Bolts of Runecloth, made with 1700 Runecloth; 680 Rugged Leathers, made with 4080 Thick Leathers; 170 Rune Threads and 85 Ogre Tannins, in order to keep up with the reputation/hour ratio.

Player B, grinding Ratchet pirates: 36000/2257.5 = 15.94 hours of grind for goblin cities Everlook, Gadgetzan and Booty Bay. 36000/4515 = 7.97 hours of grind for Ratchet. This player has to have only a Wand or a Sword or a Mace or a Club. Nothing else.

In both cases we assume the best scenario. Player A gets the key to free Knot every time within 12 minutes or less and has all necessary mats with him all the time. Player B gets no interruption from lowbie players doing quests near Ratchet.

Even with the best conditions possible for both players, still player B finishes earlier.

When I was near Ratchet, there were two low level players killing the same pirates I was killing, but their respawn rate was so high that the three of us had more than enough, me for the grind, they for their quests.

So no, the absolute best way to grind reputation with Steamwheedle Cartel isn’t to run Dire Maul and finish both quests inside. Killing pirates in Ratchet is way more beneficial. You gain reputation with three cities (Everlook, Gadgetzan and Booty Bay) slightly faster than running DM and you gain reputation with Ratchet in half the time.
Last edited by Bacinica 9 days ago (Patch 3.1.1) – edited 2 times"

- - -

To get Revanholdt to exalted first you need to kill lots of syndicte anywhere you like. lots of them can be found in dunholde in hillsbard, they only gives 5 rep per kill so it gona take some time, but that's the easy part. (rogues can get there faster with a rogue only quests). After thats the hard part starts, you need about 1400 heavy junkboxes to get you from reverd to exalted, they only found when pickpocketing lvl 50-60 humanoids around the world. If you are not a rogue and dont have a rogue alt, you gona have to get this from other rogues, and not many carry this things around.

- - -

Next step we got the Shen'dralar, a lovly pack of high elfs living in dire maul. to get them to exalted you need to turn in 84 (77 as human) any combination of the three repeatable quest they offer (Libram of Focus Libram of Protection Libram of Rapidity), this may not sound very hard, and it could have been really easy also, only that the books are unique so you can only ever have one on you at a time. one way around it is to mail all hte books to you and get an engineer to crate a mail box near the quest giver so you can turn in all of 'em without too much travel time. you still need alot of Large Brilliant Shard, Pristine Black Diamond and some other mats depends on the book, but this should be easly farmable. As a side note you can use the Arcanume you get from this quests and turn them in inside Zul'Gurub for more rep with the trolls (its not part of this achivment, but can help if you not already exalted with them).

- - -

Last step, and may be the hardest one is the Darkmoon Faire. Getting to half way freindly is easy, just turn in any of the repetable quest (Thorium widget, armor kits....) and you should get there in no time. past that pooint the only way to gain rep is by turning in decks of cards, the lvl 60+ decks give 350 rep each. sound fun and fast only this things cost alot of gold, and unless you got afew millions to spend, thats a bad way to choose. "Lucky" us, the new iscribers can craft low lvl cards and this decks once completed and turnd in give 25 rep each. you will need 1460 decks to get to exalted. so batter make friends with some inscribers. My opinion is you batter stalk the AH, you might find some of the old lvl 60 decks for cheep, they give 350 rep just like the lvl 70 and 80 decks, might be the way to go depends on you realm economy.

and after all of that if you done it all and got it all, you really are worth this title. Don't expact to see many people with it, so if you wana feel one of a kind and got lots of spare time, this is the way to go.

- - -

All taken from wowhead, found here; http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2336#comments

<<
good luck!

gooball
Adult Frog

PostSubject: Re: The insane   Sun May 10, 2009 3:00 pm

well for one thing he needs to work on his spelling =P
and another.I know kirov will be doing this *cough*crazyswede*cough*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirov
Frog Leader

PostSubject: Re: The insane   Mon May 11, 2009 1:30 am

I might be a little crazy but I guess that's what it takes to start a project like this.
Thanks for the info Ash, all I have to do now is start grinding.

Likmask
Medium Tadpole

PostSubject: Re: The insane   Wed May 13, 2009 9:51 pm

That title shall be mine!

Every level 80 has Bloodsail Admiral nowadays Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirov
Frog Leader

PostSubject: Re: The insane   Fri May 15, 2009 1:45 am

Help me kill bruisers and I'll help you with the Ravenholdt rep =)

Ashhoof
Adult Frog

PostSubject: Re: The insane   Sun May 17, 2009 12:52 am

Razz
I might help... maybe

Kirov
Frog Leader

PostSubject: Re: The insane   Sun May 17, 2009 1:27 am

=D

Ashhoof
Adult Frog

PostSubject: Re: The insane   Sun May 17, 2009 1:30 pm

prolly not on the bloodsails though, cause then I HAVE to grind back all the way to friendly with the steamwheedle cartel

gooball
Adult Frog

PostSubject: Re: The insane   Sun May 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashhoof
Adult Frog

PostSubject: Re: The insane   Mon May 18, 2009 2:03 am

haha
poor goo

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The insane