Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Frogs!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So... I got accepted at a uni...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

So... I got accepted at a uni... Empty
PostSubject: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Kulturvetarlinjen at Stockholms University, to be exact

And even though I know Im supposed to be happy, all I feel is this tight knot in my stomach. Im not sure I want to study in Stockholm. Its too big. Its too far from my cat. And the only reason why I chose this course (that will continue over a span of 4 years) is because I want to work for a publishing house (my dream is to decide what books should be published and what books shouldnt, or, more precisely, what comics should be published...) and I read in an article that most people that work in this industry either come from the journalist program or this kulturvetarlinje thing.

But what if I DONT get a job at a book publishing company? Sad

I also havent gotten a word on wether Im accepted at Wik, its a folkhögskola (something I cant translate into english) where Id go to... well... write books and stuff (instead of focusing on the admin thing Id be the writer)

Im scared
Back to top Go down
gooball
Adult Frog
gooball

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:32 pm

well grats for one thing.. give it a go and if you dont like it leave.. what's there to lose?
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:21 pm

._.
nothing
so Im going to do it
Back to top Go down
Kirov
Frog Leader
Kirov

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Grats grats grats! I still think you'll be fine Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twistedmetal.wow3.info
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:54 pm

We´ll take good care of ya down here! =D

Actually, I got accepted into the very same university as well, Stockholms University, though I will be studying to become a history teacher ^_______^
Finally time to teach those young minds about the real horrors of history! Monocle

Still, kulturvetare (Cultural sciences I think it whould be called) is a pretty broad social subject, and I doubt you´ll have any problems getting work elsewhere, like the goverment or something. =)

Have you looked over housing and stuff? Go for Östermalm if you get a chance? leetcrab
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunggar.com
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:56 pm

I can shack up in my sisters living room if Im desperate, but Im gonna try and get my own apartment first :d we'll see how it goes, Im not too keen on the idea of living in Tensta but maybe its cheaper then loads of other places
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:35 am

Find a nice place. If I had known earlier, you could have rented my gf´s old apartment in östermalm, small, but with gas stove, a bar table like your brothers and a projector with screen. =)

But alas, its already rented out. -_- I'll check though, but little high hopes.

Aint SSSB (Stockholms Student Dorms/Bostäder) required to find an apartment for you? So you wont be homeless at least... =)

I'm still voting for östermalm, http://www.sssb.se/index.php?page=ourapartments
Mostly because it whould be fun to have you close by, and its also within biking radius of the university, or you can just take the subway pretty easily.

Bad side is rent, apparently you can get a 16sqm apartment in strix or pax for the same price as a 18sqm dorm room in fyrtalet...
I can prolly get you a summer job at 118800 easily since you live so close by =)
At least check it out? Pretty please? =O
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:43 am

>>
I need hundreds of days saved to get a room at sssb. I checked

:d All I can do at SSSB is check to see if they got any last minute stuff
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:01 pm

I thought your mom got you into SSSB when you were really young? o_o
If not, then drat. >.<
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:34 pm

._.
thats SKB
and Ive stood in that line for about 20 years :d
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Dont they have any nice apartments then? o_o
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:15 pm

._.
Id have to stand in line for +30 years for that, I think. I can get an apartment around the places where Mia can get apartments :d
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:22 am

T_T

ÖSTERMAAAAALM! Supernay

Damnit! How else can I våldsgästa without any notice?
Besides, Östermalm is the pretty side of town. Except for the brats. But heck...

Oh well, at least you'll be in stockholm, at the same uni... I guess I'll have to settle for that... Toad
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:59 pm

>>
You get me an apartment there and Ill live there
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 1:54 am

I did get an apartment here! And I live here!

Nevertheless, I guess I can make some kind of effort and visit you when you live miles and miles away as well... Just wanted to promote the area, yaknow... D=

And if I do hear about anything, I will shove it in your face, with great vengeance and stuffs!
Back to top Go down
Ashhoof
Adult Frog
Ashhoof

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:21 pm

>>
Oi
its your GIRLFRIEND that got an apartment there! Thanks to her parents that bought it for her! :d you didnt get anything. Except for the girl. Hm.
Back to top Go down
Relugar
Young Frog
Relugar

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:24 pm

Actually her parents own it, she has like a symbolic 10%.
And I get alot of stuff. A place to live, access to an xbox360, 400metres to my work, biking distance to the university...

And a girlfriend. We shall NOT look down on the fact that I have a girlfriend living with me. Cuz thats awesome.
I know this, cuz she is up north for 2 weeks and that is not awesome at all. *lonely*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So... I got accepted at a uni...   So... I got accepted at a uni... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So... I got accepted at a uni...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Offtopic-
Jump to: